Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Eat Like a Caveman

We have been reading a lot these days about eating as "close to the source" as possible. Farmer's markets, organic food, fresh produce ... they're all on the rise.

Well, I recently heard about another way to think about what you should eat. Eat like a caveman.

Now, at first blush, that sounds downright silly. But, when you think about it, it's actually really smart. Cavemen didn't have the opportunity to go to McDonald's, to deep fry their vegetables, or to pop a frozen dinner in the microwave. These foods are highly processed and are more difficult for your body to understand and to break down.

I found that visualizing a caveman and what kinds of food were available to him is a lot easier way for me to understand if something is good for me or not.

So, eat like a caveman!

Follow my advertising blog at http://adpr1400.blogspot.com/ and follow me on Twitter @TheUnplanner.

No comments:

Post a Comment