Saturday, October 2, 2010

Know Your Daypart

In the advertising world, we have something called a daypart. The industry segments a day into different parts in which a company can buy advertising: rush hour, day time soaps, prime time, etc.

Dayparts is a concept that you can apply to your own life. Which daypart do you perform your best? Which time of day will you be most likely to consistently work out in?

For me, it's definitely morning. Years of experience have proven to me that if I wait to work out until after work or later in the day, odds are 10:1 that I'll never do it. My life becomes busy. I invent 20 things that must be done before the end of the day. And poof! Before I know it, I have no time left to work out.

So, when the alarm goes off 45 minutes earlier on workout days, I tell myself that I have to get up if I have any hope of working out that day. No excuses. Just do it.

Know Your Daypart

No comments:

Post a Comment